My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

0 Don't Walk Away, Put up a Fight

don't walk away...stay here with me
hold fast to all that we could be
be the star in my empty sky
tell me our love will never die
wrap me in your warm embrace and tell me you'll stay
my heart will not survive your loss...don't walk away

put up a fight...don't let me go
our love should have a chance to grow
the wall i've built is not so strong
cracks have form since you came along
find the strength within you to be my shining knight
help me to defeat my fears and put up a fight



i thought i might find a form to inspire me for the words over at 3WW, but instead found the perfect fit for Poetic Asides' challenge to write a poem using "the phrase 'Don't (blank), (blank);' replace the blanks with a word or phrase." the poetic form above is known as a Wrapped Refrain

so, back to the drawing board for 3WW...

No comments:

Post a Comment