|Bursting with Pom Seeds |
(image by rmp, that's me)
A bit of background on how this new category came to be. It was the convergence of three different things. (1) I read a guest post on Poetic Asides by Sage Cohen. She talks about acorns, little tidbits of inspiration that come about yet don't quite have a home yet. (2) I automatically related this to something my colleagues use in the elementary school called seeds. Students create for seeds that they keep in a special journal. From these seeds they inevitably create stories and other writings. (3) Seeds made me think of a pomegranate, which I have been a bit obsessed with as of late. So much so that I used them in a poem (winds of change).
After all is said and done, seeds are how I originally learned of 'acorns' so I thought to stick with that terminology. As for the 'pom', as the poem mentions these seeds encased in their own individual kernels of fruit can be tangy, sweet, and tart. I'm not sure what will grow from my Pom Seeds. They may produces something exquisite sweet or maybe they'll inspire something with a little bite. Time will tell...
How do Pom Seeds Work?
so after some thought, i thought i'd come up with some guidelines for pom seeds.
first, all pom seeds will be posted via twitter...(i need to come up with some purpose for tweeting...plus seeds are just tiny little nuggets; a whole big post on them seems silly)...
second, every so often i will bring all of the latest pom seeds together in a post. upon doing so, i will mark those that have already been tasted and add any additional thoughts that 140 characters doesn't express.
third, i hope that those who stop by and consume the pom seeds might leave their thoughts and ideas on how i might expand the flavor of a seed or two, or maybe provide an unrelated and potential seed...we all have our own taste and it might be interesting and inspiring to hear someone else take on a pom seed.
- Information overload
- I woke with rose colored glasses and the world was as only I could dream it to be
- i hate days like today; where i'm blindsided; punched in the chest; days when all i want to do is curl up into a little ball and disappear
- "you're growing."; am I? I don't think I'm growing; maybe just walking outside myself
- love is pain and sorrow; wrapped in disguise; it laughs at me; with its sweet intoxicating lies
- I see myself in black & white; brilliant colors surround me; poke at me; eager to caress me with their warmth; but they bounce off of me
- I will live forever like this; in shadows of who I long to be
- I walk in a world not my own; but of my own making
- is there something wrong with my genes?; they're made of the best material; composed of strong fiber; and yet upon inspection; they lack style
- I'm tired of this war raging inside; instinctively I fight; everyday; just once; I wish I could throw in the towel; losing should be so easy
- I stand; arms outstretched; face turned toward the weeping sky; her rage whips; tearing through my body; I cry with her; rage with her
- I want to cry like a waterfall; I want to cry like the clouds in a thunder storm
- wake me from this nightmare; breathe life back into my bruised and battered soul; I am lost and fading fast
- still; I hold each breath; as tears perch; on my eyelids
- I feel like I’m trapped in a left-brain’s body ~ creativity screaming to be unleashed
- on day I will accept the truth ~ even if it's with my last breath
- the sun blazes brightly ~ and yet the sky cries softly
- this social anxiety is not bound by the physical world...
- it's amazing how you can loose sight of something's true purpose when trying to conform. (this popped into my head as i read over a poem that seemed to loose itself a bit as i tried to fit it to a form)
- ~ content and happy are two different things ~ I'd be happy with just being content ~
- i could really use a hug right now!
- I'm an outsider in my own life. How is that possible?
- do I write the poem ~ or does the poem write me?
- why do I open myself up to a world that does not know me, yet knows me better than those who do
- my feet despise being confined ~ when the sun shines high in the sky
- can you see the lie behind my smile? can you hear the pain hiding in my laugh? (i'm not sure if this was meant to be a ramblings or a pom seed for i did not mark it appropriately and while i think i might have intended it to be a pom seed i have decided to place it amongst my ramblings)
- is it wrong that thinking about being happy makes me sad?
- I don't have any thoughts lingering in my head ~ Is that what peace feels like?
- ~ her giggles are like candy ~
- uncertainty troubles the mind
- I need to get out of my head ~ stop festering on those things out of my control
- Am I the only one who finds the silence deafening?
- I'm not sure this 'quiet' suits me. My voice is having a hard time finding its footing--the words keep slipping away unable to take hold.
- I need to get out of my own head!