My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

8 teardrop (part 2)

Carnation Tear
(image by rmp, that's me)
[poster artwork "Teardrop" by Paul Hogg]

back in March, i posted one of my short ramblings around a poster i have had for about 20 years.  this poster has always facinated me.  before writing the post, i tried to do a little research to see if (a) i could find this poster somewhere still for sale or (b) find more by Paul Hogg.  my attempts were fruitless. 

since my original post, i have found the number of people searching Paul Hogg and this poster to be quite interesting.  the post has quickly made its way into my top five posts.  one of the more recent comments on the post mentioned that this poster may have been part of a set.  this of course renewed my interest in once again taking up the search.  and while it only took me a couple of hours after reading the comment to find the answer, it has taken me slightly longer to share that answer here.

while i cannot say how many posters were in this collection, i did manage to find another on ebay (in a long expired auction).  is she the exact same woman?  i cannot say.  but she is unmistakably belongs along side 'Teardrop'.

"Careless Whispers" by Paul Hogg

Up Close
"Careless Whispers" by Paul Hogg


8 comments:

  1. her expressions are poignant - in a way she reminds me of cammila from
    dressed up like a lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that exact same poster My mother gave it to me today for my 22nd birthday its beautiful and very fasinating to me she can tell a story with her eyes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been looking for these posters for 14 years do you know where I can get them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I do not. I purchased Teardrop over 20 years ago, and have not come across "Careless Whispers" outside of the expired ebay auction mentioned above.

      Delete
    2. I just purchased this poster from an estate. I am inable to find a value. Can anyone help. It was printed in 1988.

      Delete
  4. I am posting this on Ebay under goldiesoldies user ID

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a careless whisper poster when I lived at home, it was my favorite! The image spoke to me so much, especially during those teenage years. I don't remember how I got it....I believe someone had gotten rid of it and either my Dad or brother picked it up for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got print of Careless Whispers at a yard sale in the 80's. Some tweaker did sloppy job of painting frame black and made smears around the edges. Looked for years for better copy bit always kept it on my wall. It is a pic that always talked to me.
    Funny that I thought the round spots were from fungus that grew on the print in a damp trailer.
    Wish I could fine better resolution pic online.

    ReplyDelete