My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

1 Batch #4

Bursting with Pom Seeds
(image by rmp, that's me)
truth be told, there is not much to report on the Pom Seed front.  since Batch #3, i think i have only managed to add one more potentially tasty treat.  instead, i have manage to inundate my twitter account with tweetoetry.  and if that wasn't bad enough, ramblings have managed to make an appearance as well.  i suppose that these ramblings have the potential to turn into something more and thus could be considered a pom seed, but that was not the intent upon writing them.

not only have pom seeds been scarce, but i have yet to swirl the tasty treats and inhale their fragrance to discover if they have ripened to perfection yet.   anyway, here goes...



Pom Seeds Batch #4

  • I will live forever like this; in shadows of who I long to be

Ramblings

  • ~ why do I live like this? one pill...many pills...I need to find an answer (thoughts of a poem lingered in my head upon writing this, With Every Word... In Every Action...)
  • I don't have any thoughts lingering in my head ~ Is that what peace feels like? 
  • ~ her giggles are like candy ~ 
  • anxiety's peace ~ tastes like profanity ~ on virgin lips (thoughts of calling this a poem in its own right still lingers)
  • forgive my lack of social graces... (part of a recent ramblings post, social-less soul)


Leftovers
  • Information overload
  • I woke with rose colored glasses and the world was as only I could dream it to be
  • we were never friends; not really; how could we be; when all we did; was dance around each other
  • my mom use to day; we're never lost; we're just misplaced
  • i hate days like today; where i'm blindsided; punched in the chest; days when all i want to do is curl up into a little ball and disappear
  • "you're growing."; am I? I don't think I'm growing; maybe just walking outside myself
  • my heart aches for what was; as the world crashes in on me; ripping through me; as though I were a speck of dust; I weep for you (realized shortly after the Batch #3 post that this was not intended to be a pom seed, but rather a tweetoetry, so it will be joining my tweetoetries in this update.)
  • love is pain and sorrow; wrapped in disguise; it laughs at me; with its sweet intoxicating lies
  • I woke this evening to a dream; and found myself the real me (i tried to expand this one, but i don't think it has fermented as much as it needs to)
  • I see myself in black & white; brilliant colors surround me; poke at me; eager to caress me with their warmth; but they bounce off of me


Tweetoetry

#0
~Missing You

my heart aches for what was
as the world crashes in on me
ripping through me
as though I were a speck of dust
I weep for you


#3 (senryu)
~Pointed Words

words tear straight through me
though pointed at another
tears swell at their jest


#4 (tanka)
~Content Warning

this tweet was removed
due to insightful content
meant to provoke thought
brains were not made for such work
as to think outside the box


#5 (haiku)
~Goodnight Sweet Moon

face turned toward the light
basking in lunar glory
my eyes long to close


#6
~Paper Portal

there's a magic portal
on this paper
if it should suck you in
you shall not return the same


#7
~From the Sole

to sing with soul
I feel I must
sing
form the soles'
of my feet


#8 (tanka)
~Tempting Taste

succulent fragrance
oozes from your luscious neck
awakening me
the sweet nectar in your veins
dares me to savor a bite


#9 (tanka)
~Stay

I wish I could speak
the words you so long to hear
will you stay with me
hold me near 'til I break thru
my pain and words flow like tears


#10 (tanka)
~So Tired

my heart cannot breath
while tears threaten to pour out
so tired am I
this burden weighs heavily
tearing thru my very soul


#11 (haiku)
~Beautiful Creature

she laughed
like butterfly wings
I cried


#12
~Heavy with Fear

dark rainy night
fear burns deep
like the breath in my lungs
as i walk uphill


#13
~Social Isolation

do they notice
my self-imposed segregation
am I a blip on their radar
or a tree in the forest
no one hears fall


#14, 15, 16
~Will You

if I cover my mouth
will you kiss me elsewhere
until I relinquish
my lips
if I cover my ears
will you hold me up a sign
telling me I'm beautiful
until I'm desensitized enough
to hear its truth
if I close my eyes
(will you disappear
or) will you hold me
in your warm embrace
until the fear releases me
and I can see you
in all
of my days

upon transcribing the last tweetoetry, i realized i missed a line.  i added it in denoting it for the time being with parentheses.  i don't think i truly comprehended the number of them until just now.  unlike the last batch, i'm not going to notate each one, but i did include if it fit a particular form of poetry.  one thing i did learn is that tankas are quite tricky to write while maintaining the 140 character rule of a tweet.

1 comment:

  1. Your imagination flows with the fruits..loved the way you played with many poetry forms ..admirable!

    ReplyDelete