My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

1 Postcard #1: Wishing You


Closed Layers
(postcard front)
[image by rmp, that's me]

(postcard back)
[click to enlarge]



dear lover,

i write this from my bed
where i continually dream of you
my heart aches to have you here
helping me to forget about the world
but really
can you live up to all i have dream?
for i have dreamed you many times over
molded you to suit my whims and fears
can you really hold a candle
to my heart's desires?
i fear the answers are no
and yet still i wish you were here.

with much love,
d



upon reading Poetic Asides’ challenge to write a postcard poem, the first thought that came to mind was “another postcard with chimpanzees ~ and everyone is addressed to me.” i had to listen to the song just to get it out of my head. after a bit more reflection, i found myself thinking about D. Prest and her letters, which never made it past letter #2. i went back and read over the two letters and (aside from realizing i am a horrid speller) wondered what D. might say in a postcard. it didn’t take long for me to find her words.

1 comment:

  1. My favourite line is I have dreamed you many times over...Lovely.

    ♥ ஆ ~.^

    ReplyDelete