My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

0 Time Capsule: I Live On


Title:  I Live On
Date:  between 04/07/92 and 01/28/93
Setting:  Junior year of high school
Form:  Free Verse

I am but a mere image.
I live through others’ memories.
In their mind, in their soul,
My place is in their heart.
I am nothing but a mirage.
I exist through others’ feelings.
In their love, in their anger,
My presence is in their tears.
I am no more than a grain of salt.
I strive through those I touched.
In their lives, in their existence,
My being is within them.

Notes:  This piece was most likely written in December or January.  It was written during basketball season.  I recall this because the boy's basketball coached passed away during the season.  

Artifact I:  An initial copy with a minor change from the original marked.



No comments:

Post a Comment