My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

4 buried deep beneath the rubble

i write--
i'd like to say to find myself,
but that sounds so cliche.
truth is, i know where i am;
i know who i am--
i know far too well
who i am.  i just....

i know there's something more
a piece of me--of who i should be--
buried deep within me
longing to taste the fresh air.
i write
in the hopes of unearthing her.

i write to purge myself
of this irrational brain,
which is intent upon suffocating me.
i long to destroy the poison
seething through my veins.
maybe if i can get them all out--
exorcise these evils from my mind--
i might find her hiding beneath the rubble.

i write
(hhuufffffff)
i write
so i can breathe.



translation: hhuufffffff = an intake and expelling of breath.

4 comments:

  1. Amazing piece... I can really relate... I love the tone here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes ... you speak for me, too. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this very much. Nice writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course explosives have been marked with Spelling..and signatures, too.

    ReplyDelete