My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Monday, December 27, 2010

0 My love's scared of monkeys

My love's scared...
of monkeys wearing top hats...
of monkeys carrying pocketbooks...
why would a monkey wear a top hat?
have you ever seen a money with a pocketbook?
does this mean I can't take her to the zoo?

My love's scared...
of snow surrounding her feet...
of snow sticking to the cuffs of her pants...
what if her feet are in boots?
should I suggest she only were skirts when it snows?
does this mean I'll have to carry her to the car?

My love's scared...
of elevators that creak as they rise...
of elevators filled with people...
why'd she rent a place on the seventh floor?
did she test out the elevator before hand?
does this mean we can't be in an elevator together?

My love's scared of monkeys...
wearing top hats and carrying pocketbooks...
of monkeys shooting her dead.



i'm exploring my creative side in a whole new way. it started with a Poetic Asides' 2011 Poetic Form Challenge and a poem i wrote awhile back. i toyed with the form again to see if it had merit...now i'm playing with the form for a bit of variation...next is setting down the rule in a logical, followable, non-confusing way...we'll see where it all leads... 

No comments:

Post a Comment