My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

5 I fear for my heart

I fear that...
my heart cannot withstand the pain...
my heart is too weak to survive...
will you hold it close to your own?
is that too much to hope for?
should I prepare for the hurt?

I fear that ...
my heart is too fragile...
my heart does not think rationally...
will you handle it with care?
am I expecting too much?
should I wrap it with bubble wrap?

I fear that...
my heart gives more than it has...
my heart break into a million pieces...
will return its affection as strongly?
can I believe in you?
should I walk away know before it's too late?

I fear that my heart...
will never recover from you...
that my heart will forever be lost to you.



i'm not really sure what it is i fear here.  is it loosing love or finding love?  inspiration for this post came from Poetic Asides' Wednesday Prompt.

5 comments:

  1. fear no more,
    get over it and enjoy the love you adore...

    lovely poem.

    A++

    ReplyDelete
  2. have no fear when love is here.... happy valentines.. here’s mine.. http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/05/11/happily-tied/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was a wonderful poem..so many of us..we have that fear of finding love and giving our hearts to that person...no matter if they gaurantee us they wud be there forever, but we knw that there is no gaurantees on love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh!! Yes.. some times one does not have the strength to go on... I liked it as well as I could relate to it as well... you see in my poetry of river within.. I have said almost the same thing when I wrote "...Not having enough courage to love you again"... I liked your verse so much..

    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/01/whispers-emptiness-and-soul.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a lovely poem, so nicely written!

    ReplyDelete