My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

0 I'm scared of the masks

I'm scared of...
the masks with soulless painted eyes..
the masks with oddly puckered lips...
did you every notice the eyes following you?
would empty eye sockets not be freakier?
who would want to kiss someone with soulless eyes?

I adore...
the masks worn at masquerade balls that outline the eyes...
the masks that cover the face leaving just your eyes visible...
do you ever find yourself entranced by the eyes behind the mask?
is it easier to see into the soul that way?
might it be wiser to prefer the mask that leaves the lips free to devour?

I'm drawn to...
the masks made of porcelain with elaborate designs like butterflies...
the masks that adorn my walls as individual works of art...
is it creepy to wake to their vacant stare?
is multiple masks in every room a collection or an obsession?
why am i so entranced by these delicate eyeless creatures?

I'm scared of the masks...
I hide behind being as fragile as porcelain...
the masks I hide behind being useless should anyone look into my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment