My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

0 paralyzing fear

the shadow man came today
i caught his black figure
out of the corner of my eye
fear took hold immediately
i quickly turned my gaze away
and shut my eyes tight
still i felt his outstretched arms
press firmly upon my body
pinning me down were i lay
i fought to breathe
i fought to relax my body
i fought to calm my nerves
i fought the need to fight
still he read my mind
like an open book
just the thought of moving
caused the pressure to intensify
pushing me further down
i did my best to quell the panic
repeated my mantra over and over
focusing on just moving my feet
just my feet
just my feet
slowly but surely
i kicked my way out of yet another
waking nightmare
only to be sucked back in
this time
to a figure-free
bout of sleep paralysis



i don't meet the shadow man too often.  he is an oddity that pops up upon occasion when i have an episode.  his presence adds another element to an already taxing experience.  it no longer about just not being able to move; he brings with him the added effect of pressure--like someone or something is pinning you down.  as though being awake an unable to move wasn't bad enough.


if you haven't already met this sister poem to this, check out Waking Nightmare.
if you haven't already read my rambling on this topic, check out sleep paralysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment