My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Friday, January 22, 2010

0 the test

I think I stumbled on to my next subject.  Something in my gut tells me that this is a story worth exploring.  It started earlier this afternoon while I was at lunch.  I was eating lunch with couple of friends when I overheard the conversation at the table just behind me.  A young lady was speaking about her recent breakup.  After a few minutes of listening, I couldn't help myself; I turned around and introduced myself to her.  She was a bit taken aback and reluctant at first to share her story with me, but I have a knack for getting people to open up. 

She explained to me that her former boyfriend apparently has some test he gives to all of the women he dates to decide if they are the one.  She had failed the test, as well as every woman he has dated so far.  I asked her what the test was, but she did not know.  He refused to tell her.  She had been dating him for just over six months.  She was in love with him.  She believed he was the one.  And he dropped her like a fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment