My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

0 something to hold on to

I remember the first time I met him.  I remember the first time he smiled at me; the first time he made me laugh.  I remember the first time he tucked my hair behind my ear and stole the moment to brush the back of his fingers across my cheek and along my jaw line.  I remember the first time he kissed me; the first time I kissed him.  I remember the first time he stood behind me wrapping his arms around me and how as I leaned back into his embrace I felt like I was home.  I remember the first time he made me truly feel beautiful.  I remember the first time he looked into my eyes and told me he was in love with me.  I remember a lie, a fabrication of my imagination, for that is all he is, all he was. 

But it is time that I give him up.  It is time that I let go of what is not in the hopes that it will open me up for what is.  I have used him to feed my starving soul and I am scared to relinquish him.  Partly because I fear he is all I will ever know; all I will ever have.  But more so, I am scared of really finding him, of allowing him to find me; terrified of him truly seeing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment