My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

1 Time Capsule: Flight of the Eagle

Title:  Flight of the Eagle
Date:  between 04/07/92 and 01/28/93
Setting:  Junior year of high school
Form:  Free Verse

Up on the hill the eagle screams;
All around darkness engulfs.
A look down below;
A glance high above.
Clouds blend with night,
Moon smiles bright.
 Up on the hill the eagle cries;
Down below lights flicker on.
A tear falls down;
A fear builds high.
Owls sound with song,
Stars shine long.
 Up on the hill the eagle leaps;
On the ground mankind lay.
A death below;
A life above.
Eagle sours with might,
Teenage girl’s death flight.

Notes:  I didn't always keep track (date-wise) of when I wrote.  It was much worse when I was younger.  I eventually decided to piece together a timeline.  There is a part of me that feels this poem was written in or around February.  I have vague memories of writing a short piece in conjunction with this one near Valentines Day.  Strangely enough the dates I apparently placed it between do not include February.  

Maybe my memory is wrong.  Maybe my timeline is off.  I suppose it doesn't really much matter.  

Artifact I:  Original write


1 comment:

  1. its got that teen angst feel to it...haha i was writing songs back then for the band i was in...poetry came much later...and mine was just as angsty...smiles.

    ReplyDelete