My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

0 magic and fairy tales

"Happy endings happen all the time."

do they really?  i know i'd like to believe they do.  of course i'd also like to believe in magic and fairy tales.  the ideas of possibilities, fate, destiny, and magic help me breath when the world seems to be crashing down on me. hope.  i'm amazed i still possess such a thing, but there is still a part of me that hopes--a part of me that believes anything is possible.  how long i'll be able to maintain that is anyones guess.

i feel so selfish at times.  is it wrong to want my own happy ending?  is it wrong to wish for a miracle?  is it wrong to want to believe in magic?  i'm not looking for a fairy tale.  i'm well aware it will take far more than a knight in shining armor to break through the wall of thorn bushes i've surrounded myself with, to defeat the fire breathing dragon that protects be from myself, and to wake me from this sleep that continually beckons to me and takes over my very being.

"Happy endings happen all the time."  wanting my own...wishing for my own...won't make it happen.  i need to believe.  and i'm not so sure i have it in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment