My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

4 BETS

BETS
wagers
high stake risks

dabbling with bookies
a debt I need now pay
with money or utter pain

"gambling can lead to lean pockets"



i decided to dabble a bit more with poetic form.  this turned out to be a very lean clarity pyramid.  after much back and forth with the initial triplet, i uttered a sigh of relief as i counted out the last eight syllables.  this post was inspired by Three Word Wednesday [3WW=dabble, lean, utter].

4 comments:

  1. Great job! I think you'll like my poems on gambling and vices.
    http://giovannicucullo.wordpress.com/category/poetry-2/vices/

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very true. That's why I don't bet - or play the lottery.

    ReplyDelete