My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

0 Follower, Friend and the Like

I find myself exploring new worlds
invading the thoughts and idea of others
hoping to gleam some sense of belonging
creating a connection through similar methods of expression
some I dismiss and move on with them none-the-wiser
others I visit over and over with them none-the-wiser

I find myself exploring new worlds
moving beyond my own thoughts and ideas
hoping to gleam some type of inspiration
something I can connect to that is outside of myself
sometimes there is nothing I like so I move on, them none-the-wiser
other times there is much I like so I visit, them none-the wiser

the anonymity is exhilarating
a breath of fresh air I can't get enough of
but
I itch to truly connect
I wish to participate
no longer stand on the outside
like I am forced to in my real world
but
to put myself out there
a follower
a friend
torments me as it does in my real world
the anonymity is exasperating
a taste of poison I can't get rid of

I find myself exploring new worlds
enjoying the thoughts and ideas that others share
hoping to gleam some form of belonging
creating a connection through a comment or two might be a start
some with words of encouragement before I move on
others with words of praise and enjoyment each time I visit

I find myself exploring a world
where anonymity can roam free
being a follower, a friend and the like
does not equal exposure and torment as it does in my real world
and yet
social anxiety follows me into cyberspace

No comments:

Post a Comment