My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

1 senryu

I was thinking about writing an haiku, but they are suppose to be about nature...and that wasn't really what I had in mind...so I thought I could get away with it anyway by classifying it as human 'nature'...while doing a bit of research, though, I stumbled across something that more closely defines my intent...it is called a senryu...but I don't believe the satirical or ironic aspect needed is present...well, here goes anyway...


Emotional Abuse

His even keyed words
left a scar no one could see
till death's shot took him

To Boast or Too Boast

She sang her own praise
well-founded and well-beaten
they stopped listening

Compliment--Twisted by Depression

Such sweet precious words
brought forth a smile to her lips
no one saw her pain

1 comment:

  1. Nice rmp!Loved how you played with the words and as you have mentioned its written on dark ironic side related to the psychological side of senryu.

    Thanks for playing for experimenting poetry forms !

    ReplyDelete