My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Friday, February 15, 2013

4 CIHTD?: G(r)in & Tonic

Artist:  Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Album:  Live
Genre:  Jazz

Notes:  It's been about 10 years since I was introduced to Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.  I had a student who had learned I liked big bang music and told me I should check them out.  He definitely wasn't wrong.  There is part of me that when I listen to this song am not 100% sure who the "you" is in this.  I can't decide if he's talking to someone or if the you is the drink in his hands.  Either way, it definitely is a catchy tune.

G(r)in & Tonic 
I drank away my sorrow
drown my dreams of tomorrow
focusing on you -- only you --
and what might be tonight  
Pour me another 
We click our glasses together
clear our minds of whether
there's more to us -- to this --
than what might be tonight 
Just leave us the bottle 
You steal away my troubles
stir an emotion that bubbles
around me -- surrounds me --
and what might be 
You're my last drink of the night


4 comments:

  1. Funny, I was thinking of having a G&T tonight. First time in many a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is there ever a last drink until there is a last drink...in college i drank way too much...on the other hand it makes for a great metaphor as well...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last drink...pour me another ~ Too many of us drink away our sorrows ~ Creative title too ~

    ReplyDelete