My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Friday, November 2, 2012

4 Can I Have This Dance?: Sick of Being

Title:  Extraordinary Girl
Artist:  Green Day
Album:  American Idiot
Genre:  Alternative & Punk
Sick of Being
I saw your reflection in the mirror;
my breath caught while the faintest of smiles
crossed your lips as our eyes met - so transfixed
by those beautiful glistening eyes full
with unshed tears - fears that tear at your heart. 
You're an extraordinary girl
trapped in an ordinary world
with no way for you to escape. 
That smile so rare steels my heart to the core
as it fades as quickly as it appeared.
So lost, for a split second, knowing (nay)
believing in the beauty that reflects
back - a thought so foreign, so out of sorts. 
You're an extraordinary girl
trapped in an ordinary world
with no way for you to escape. 
I saw your refection in the mirror,
caught the pain escaping your eyes - haunting
your essence.  How is it that the idea
you might posses - embody - such a word
like beautiful rips your insides apart? 
You're an extraordinary girl
trapped in an ordinary world;
Oh how I wish to finally
      escape my own reflection. 


Notes:  So I heard the first lines of this song and didn't really need to hear anymore to know what I was going to write.  Strangely I also found home for words that long ago came to mind:

Reflection
I saw your reflection in the mirror and had to catch my breaththe faintest of smiles crossed your lips as our eyes metyou transfixed me with those beautiful eyes glistening with unshed tears

4 comments:

  1. Lovely poem... I especially like:

    unshed tears - fears that tear at your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i absolutely love your refrain in this....lots of emotion in this one as well...tight piece...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fleeting, elusive smiles are so intriguing, captivating. Really like "haunting your essence" and "such a word like beautiful rips your insides apart."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate the refraining lines..but the ending kicked it for me. This is hauntingly beautiful ~

    ReplyDelete