My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

2 Time Capsule: At the end of the day

Title:  At the end of the day
Date:  02/19/01
Setting:  Life after college--during first post-college job
Form:  Free Verse

At the end of the day
I stand back and look at myself
And what I have accomplished
I replay the words of praise offered by others
And I try to glimpse myself through their eyes
Hoping I too will see what they see
And I begin to cry.
It’s not there
what ever they see in me
It’s not there
At the end of the day
I stand back and look at myself
And see nothing but a pathetic soul
I look at what I’ve accomplished
And see everything that was lacking
Wishing, that just once I might see what they see
And I continue to cry.
Notes:  I don't remember much about this one, but it is quite easy to guess my mood.   This was written right after a poem called The Eyes of Social Anxiety.  It also preceded to poem presented in my last post.

Based on the artifacts below you'll notice my poor choice of color.  I had a vile of multi-colored lead that I just dumped into my mechanical pencil...whatever color popped out, that's the color I wrote in.  You can see from this one (as well as last week's post) that the next color was a nice purple.

Artifact I:  Top of page with the initial construction/start



Artifact II:  Bottom of page with the redesigned construction


2 comments:

  1. def carries the angst of younger years....it is hard often to see in ourselves the valur others see...or even believe it...

    ReplyDelete