My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

5 Last Call: Escape Back Into Hiding?




Escape Back Into Hiding?

How long
before the demons once again
take hold?

Already
their unfurled talons
claw at the inner wall

Every scratch
tears at the resolve
built to protect

How long
before the paranoid delusions
find purchase?

Already
they hop-scotch
along the outskirts of the mind

Every jump
ignites a trail of synapses
meant to be forgotten

How long...

How long...

How long
before this all consuming battle
destroys?

Already
the peace saught with withdrawal
fades from grasp

Every move
to regain a sense of semblance
opens the doors
to the demons
to the paranoid delusions

But to close the doors
means giving up the fight
means loosing any sense of self

Yet
how long
can this war rage on
before there is nothing left
of me?



This week dVerse Poets Pub celebrates it's one year anniversary.  I still recall walking through the door on shaking legs; I just made it...number 157 out of 164.  d'Team  over at dVerse Poets Pub is an amazing group of people whose time and efforts are extra-ordinary.  I'd like to thank them for providing such a welcoming and open environment to share, learn and grow.  Take a moment and check out what they have to offer, as well as exploring a wonderful collection of talented writers for this week's anniversary OpenLinkNight.


5 comments:

  1. To close the doors is to recharge... To write is to recharge and examine yourself , more power to you to do so

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel you in this...i feel them scratching as well at the door trying to get in...and sometimes you just bar the door and breathe...save your strength to fight them when you have to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already
    their unfurled talons
    claw at the inner wall

    Every scratch
    tears at the resolve
    built to protect
    There is a lot in this battle I can relate to...yes, re-reading again and again. I do feel this raging within, relating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to add I really like what you mention about dVerse and the community there. I am really inspired by Brian and the many who have blessed me with their words...STill fairly new, growing along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this description of inner torment. I can feel the struggle in it. The mental anguish you describe can relate to many different things-- from ruminating thoughts to addiction. Deep write.

    ReplyDelete