My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Friday, July 13, 2012

1 Can I Have This Dance?: Postcard, Unnecessary

Song Title:  Vanilla Twilight
Artist:  Owl City
Album:  Ocean Eyes
Genre:  Electronic

Notes:  This song was one of my potential choices for last week's first installment of CIHTD?.  There were two parts in the song that really strung a note (no pun intended) with me:  "because it takes two to whisper quietly" and "cause the spaces between my fingers / are right where yours fit perfectly."  I've listed to the song a couple of time since then.  The song gained some additional interest when I picked up on what I thought was "I send a postcard to you," but was actually "I'd send a postcard to you."  I don't know the truth behind why the postcard could not be sent--there are varied stories--I opt for the more positive one and thus write from the females point of view.

Postcard, Unnecessary
Memories haunt the spaces between
her fingers--so strong
the phantom presences, her fingers
curl inward; her eyes close
lost in the perfect fit
spanning the distance of space
and time.
Whispers echo in the silence
surrounding her--so intoxicating
the lingering essence, her thoughts
answer unwittingly; her eyes close
adrift in words once spoken
reaching beyond the scope of logic
and reason.
Loneliness skirts the edge of
her mind--so intense
the heartsick spirit, her mind
wraps her in the warmth
of long ago arms; her eyes close
clinging to the memories
and whispers.



1 comment:

  1. owl city is def a cool band...discovered them myself a little over a year ago, i think...

    i think the girl in your verse...where loneliness lingered might be the same one i saw in the restaurant...

    ReplyDelete