My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

4 Intoxicating Spell




Intoxicating Spell

pour me a drink
let me drown
my turbulent mind
with a refreshing blend
make it a double
cold and sweet
so I might dive in
soak up it's essence
float along an unhindered
stream of consciousness
where peace whispers
against my sails
and relaxation swims
along my hull



this is my contribution for tonight's OpenLinkNight over at dVerse~Poets Pub.  while i still find myself in the triple digits, i am not cutting it as close as i did last week to closing time.  If you haven't already, check out some of the amazing talents that stepped up to the mic this week.

4 comments:

  1. Sensational word-ride! I especially like the last few lines with their consonantal s’s and l’s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice...love the journey from the drink to sailing and the peace in the sails and relaxation ont he hull...used to sail years ago and as intense as it could be at times...it was so peaceful and like flying....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely reading to match beautiful imagery. Wonderful write my friend ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intoxicating indeed! It's Miller Time! Great vision affects...... In my mind I just saw dolphins swimming alongside an old wooden schooner.... You have a very smooth, easy way of taking the reader away...... I like that....

    ReplyDelete