My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Friday, September 28, 2012

3 Can I Have This Dance?: Hang-Ups

Title:  Somebody to Shove
Artist:  Soul Asylum
Album:  Grave Dancers Union
Genre:  Pop

Hang-Ups

The clock t-t-t-ticks
as I sit here all alone
waiting - just waiting - by the phone.

Paralyzed and entranced
time flys by and yet it seems to crawl
as I'm waiting - just waiting - for you to call.

I need you to wake me from this dream,
pull me from this--just give me a shove
'cause I'm waiting - just waiting - for somebody to love

me.



3 comments:

  1. nice...really cool rhythm to this one...very real too...i imagine there are a few out there waiting tonight....

    and cool song choice as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...this person doesn't need to wait for someone to love them.. she needs to love herself, first because, if she doesn't know how to love herself, how she she give or accept love from anyone else.
    Lovely poem though, very deep and thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Until I found my true love, I did a lot of that waiting, too.

    ReplyDelete