My newest adventure is underway. It has lead me to take up residency in a new blog,
Like the Feathers of an Arrow (affectionately known as LFA).

...don't open...don't throw away... is not disappearing completely (not yet),
but postings here will be limited.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

0 encounter #52...continued...

Her:  I like the chance to get to know someone the old fashion way.  Granted things happen in the flash of a vision, but there is still that feeling of getting to know someone. 
Him:  How often do you get to know someone outside of a vision?
Her:  It has been quite a long while.

[He gestured between them.]

Him:  Does this count?
Her:  Well, it has been a bit one sided so far.  You asking questions; me doing most of the revealing.  And even then your questions have been a focused like an inquisition.  I'm not so sure this counts.

[A half smile appears on his face as he nods in thought.]

Him:  Well then, what would you like to know about me?
Her:  Hmm.  I don't really know.  Like a said I'm not really good at small talk and it has been a long time since I had a chance to really get to know someone.

[He waited patiently, not saying a word.  A minute passed in silence.]

Her:  I suppose you are waiting for me to come up with a question.

[He shrugged, but the smile on his face was a silent agreement.]

Her:  Fine.  Why are you here?  What made you decide to participate in this research study?
Him:  Curiosity.
Her:  That's it?  Curiosity?
Him:  Yeah, pretty much.  I saw an article in a magazine about you and was a bit fascinated by the whole idea.  So I did a little research and found out about this study. 

[He shrugged.]

Him:  I thought why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment